RSS

Saturday, July 19, 2014

I love fairytales!

 Hello and thank you for stopping by!
Since I can remember I'm a huge fan of fairy tales. Today I'm invited to a fairytale crime dinner. what is a crime dinner you ask? A crime dinner is like a normal dinner but with everyone having a role. Before or during the dinner a crime is happening like for instance someone is murdered.  Every guest of  the crime dinner has a role and one of them is the murderer. Through many rounds during the evening everyone gets a little hints and so we all try together to find out who is the murderer. 
At our crime dinner tonight the victims of the murder are the Seven Dwarfs.
This dinner tonight is also a birthday party and as my friend is going to have the role of the Evil Queen from Snow White I made her this card. The stamp "Looking Glass" is from Lily of the Valley and I think it's so fitting. I colored it with distress inks and the new SU Blendabilities for the skin color. The mirror got a few drops of glossy accents.The Happy Birthday sentiment is also from Lili of the Valley from the gorgeous set Simply Sophisticated
The background paper is from SEI and the color of the cardstock is the new SU in color Blackberry bliss. 
I also stamped and punched flowers in that color using the Petite Petals stampset and petite flower punch. In the middle of the flowers I placed a pearl with liquid pearls in the color Lavender Lace.
The opening in the middle was made using the scalloped tag punch from Stampin Up! . As last step I added some punched butterflies in Blackberry Bliss.

 I also used this punch to make a fitting giftbox for my friend's present to go with the card.
I'm very pleased how both of them turned out.
What do you think?
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Stamping

I would like to enter this card into the Monthly Challenge from LOTV with the theme take two!!

5 comments:

Birdie said...

I think you did a great job M!

Jill said...

WOW---this is beautiful--love the purple!!!!!

Elise said...

Wow wow wow .. this is such an incredibly GORGEOUS project! You've put a lot of work into this and it's just STUNNING!!!!!!! I love it!

Wishing you a beautiful weekend!

Hugs,
Elise

Ina G said...

SPECTACULAR. Love it truly beautiful Maria. You are so talented.

Unknown said...

Hallo Maria,
vielen lieben Dank nochmal für Deinen tollen Swap gestern in Leipzig.
Dein Blog ist auch wirklich schön.

LG Franzi